This cranberry sweet bread with orange and rosemary is a sweet and moist bread with little tart pockets of cranberries. It is topped with a sweet orange and rosemary glaze. It screams the holidays.
Its that time of year, when we cranberries are all over the supermarkets and are in season for the holidays. I think most people arent really sure what to make with these tart little gems. Other than cranberry sauce or jelly, I think most people dont go past that. My goal is to share some of my favorite ways to enjoy cranberries.
Cranberries are a surprising little fruit that is often overlooked or only used for decoration during the holidays but it has so much to offer. This cranberry sweet bread with orange zest and rosemary is such a decadent treat during the holidays. The orange glaze takes it over the top. The flavor of these ingredients together allows all the ingredients to sing.
I nice benefit is the extra vitamin C you get from the oranges and the cranberries. Sometimes, especially in the middle of winter it is nice to get those fresh flavors and extra vitamins.
Get my cranberry bread recipe below
Cranberry Sweet Bread Recipe with Orange Zest and Rosemary
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- zest of one orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary
Orange Rosemary Glaze
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice use the juice from the orange you zested
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together your wet ingredients. Start with your oil and sugar until creamed together. You can use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or mix this by hand(that is what I do)/
- Add your eggs and vanilla and continue to mix. Once combined, add your milk and mix.
- Next add your dry ingredients: your salt, baking powder, flour and stir til just combined.
- Last add your cranberries, orange zest, and rosemary and fold them into the batter.
- Grease 2 8 by 4 bread pans. You can use the larger ones too but the bread wont be as tall. You can also put the entire thing in one large bread pan. I like to add a piece of parchment paper to the bottom of the pan to allow it to release easier from the pan.
- Pour half the batter into one pan and the other half into the other. You can add some cranberries to the top of the batter to make a pretty design or presentation. Totally optional.
- Bake on the center rack in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for about 20 minutes on a wire rack before removing them from the loaf pans (if you want to take them out) You can also serve it in the pan.
- Once the bread has cooled completely its time to top it with the glaze.
- Whisk together the melted butter, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla and orange juice, zest and rosemary in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the entire top of the bread and let it set up. Slice and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
Save this cranberry orange bread recipe for later!
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
I would recommend storing this bread in the refrigerator covered in plastic wrap. We often leave it on the counter and enjoy it at room temperature. This is a quick bread recipe. It takes only a couple of minutes to mix up the batter by hand and then the cook time is about 40-45 minutes.
Make this cranberry sweet bread your next Christmas tradition.
I promise this is a holiday treat you will love! Its not a heavy fruit loaf, it is light and so flavorful.