I can’t believe I am already wrapping presents for Christmas this year. I feel like December is flying by faster than the past 9 months have! It makes me a bit sad because I want to enjoy this month and I feel like already it is time to be ready for Christmas….and I am not! But, today I want to share some of my Christmas gift wrapping ideas with you, and I also want to give you some super cute printable gift tags!
Last year, I was inspired by the Scandinavian style, and I wrapped my presents in that way…you can see that here! This year, I was in a bit of a panic because I had runout of all my go to wrapping papers, my favorite being my giant craft paper roll….which after about 5 years, I finally used up! So this year, on a whim while I was wandering through Walmart, I came across the most perfect wrapping papers! I tried all day to find them online for my readers, but alas, I could not! So make sure to run to your nearest Walmart and look for these! Walmart has upped their game!
I got myself a new roll of craft paper, since I love using that for just about everything. I found a gorgeous plaid wrapping paper as well as a nice charcoal colored wrapping paper. I always try to find a wrapping paper that somewhat complements my living room decor as well as my Christmas tree. This year, I used some black as well as natural colors so I was thrilled when I found these!
I love the plaid, along with the charcoal striped wrapping paper, and my old stand by, brown craft paper. Lets talk about some of my gift wrapping ideas….
There are so many great ways to deck out a wrapped present, and I want to share some of my favorite ways:
- I love using any kind of string, twine or rope on my presents. For a great Scandinavian effect, you can wrap it around the gift multiple times creating a strong look.
- Using fresh pine clippings from a Christmas tree or a tree in the yard is an inexpensive and FREE option and it always looks so amazing.
- Use items that aren’t meant as ribbon etc. I used some wood bead garland around the present in the back and I think the look is so cool.
- Use FREE printable gift tags as an easy way to add stylish accents to presents. I often find that I forget to buy gift tags, and this is a great way to get some without spending any money~
These printable gift tags are so so sweet. I have to thank my sweet friend Malory at Fox and Pebble for creating them! She is so incredibly talented and has so many amazing digital prints available on her site as well.
They are the perfect gift tags to go with my presents this year~ Make sure to get your own! All you have to do is sign up for my weekly newsletter and you will get exclusive access to my Printable Library and every single printable I have on my site including calendars, artwork, and more!
Simply click the image below to sign up!
Now lets have a couple more peeks at some of my gifts and the adorable gift tags!
If you are looking for a coordinated attempt at your wrapping paper this year, here are a couple tips:
- Pick one roll of wrapping paper that is full of pattern. I chose this plaid one.
- Pick a couple of the colors out of that wrapping paper and find a couple solid rolls that are close to those colors. I chose to pick a brown and a black(the black has a subtle line pattern in it.
- Find another more simply patterned wrapping paper with one to two colors that will compliment and contrast with the other wrapping papers. I bought one that was white with small black designs on it. It is more organic and goes nicely with the plaid and the others.’
Holiday Bloggers Best Series
Most Lovely Things | Christmas Gift Wrap Using What You Have
Sanctuary Home Decor | Unique Christmas Gift Wrapping on a Budget
Modern Glam | Natural Gift Wrapping
My 100 Year Old Home | Creative Ideas for Gift Wrapping
The Ginger Home | 3 Gingerbread Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas
Happy Happy Nester | Free Printable Gift Tags
Craftberry Bush | Christmas Nutcracker Cylinder Wrapping DIY
Satori Designs for Living | Simple Christmas Gift Wrap Supplies & Steps
My Sweet Savannah | 24 Free Holiday Printable Gift Tags
Twelve on Main | Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas You Will Love
The Happy Housie | Natural Rustic Gift Wrap Ideas
Dreaming of Homemaking | Personalized Gift Wrap
Finding Lovely | Holiday Gift Wrap
Lemon Grove Lane | Holiday Gift Wrapping With a Natural Touch
More great holiday posts:
- Holiday Gift Wrapping Ideas- With FREE Printable Gift Tags
- Fun and Creative Neighbor Christmas Gift Ideas with FREE Printable Gift Tags
- 12 Festive Christmas Wrapping Paper Ideas