Hey there friends! I am happy to share with you one of our most favorite pasta recipes. I feel like I have a lot of favorites when it comes to pasta. We love pasta here at our house. Gratefully I can make many if not all of these pastas with gluten free pasta so that I can enjoy them too. Today I want to share our tuscan sun dried tomato and chicken pasta!
This pasta recipe is one easy meal to make. With grilled or sauteed chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and a creamy garlic base, this is a flavorful and comforting meal.
What goes well with sundried tomatoes?
Are sun dried tomatoes healthy?
Which sun dried tomatoes should I use?
I prefer the sun dried tomatoes in the package and not in oil. I like the chewy texture of the “dry” sun dried tomatoes. But you should choose the ones you prefer! If you do not want a soggy bread then do not use the tomatoes in oil.
Creamy Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Chicken Pasta
Creamy Tuscan Sun Dried Tomato and Chicken Pasta
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes We prefer them not in oil.
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- red pepper flakes pinch
- 1 pkg dried pasta of choice we prefer penne pasta or rigatoni
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1-2 chicken breasts
- garlic powder for the chicken
- First cook your chicken. You can sautee or grill your chicken. I actually like to season my chicken breast with salt and pepper and garlic powder and a bit of olive oil. I will cook my chicken breasts on high in the air fryer for about 20 minutes. This can all be done while you are cooking up the rest of the pasta dish. Once the chicken is cooked, slice it into strips and set aside.
- Begin boiling your pasta water in a large stock pot, covered with heat on high. Once the pasta water comes to a boil, put your pasta in and cook it until al dente. This can be done while making the pasta sauce.
- In a large skillet, add your butter and garlic and heat on medium low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Take your sun dried tomatoes and slice them into strips and give them a rough chop. Add them to the garlic and let them sautee for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Keep the heat on medium and add the half and half, parmesan cheese and other seasonings including salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, and paprika. Use a whisk to stir until the cheese melts thoroughly.
- Keep this pasta sauce heating on low while your pasta cooks. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain your pasta.
- Add the pasta and chicken to your pasta sauce and give it a good stir. Add in more parmesan cheese if you desire.
- Eat and enjoy! This is an amazing weeknight meal!
Tuscan sun dried tomato and chicken pasta instructions:
First, prep your chicken and boil your pasta water in a large pot. I like to cook my chicken in my air fryer. Season your chicken breasts with the flavors you prefer. We like to use salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Cook the chicken in the air fryer or cook them in a skillet until they are thoroughly cooked. while the chicken is cooking, boil your pasta water and start the pasta sauce.
In a large skillet, sautee your butter and garlic on low. Let it sautee for about 3-4 minutes. At this point chop your sun dried tomatoes and add them to the skillet and continue to sautee.
When your pasta water is boiling add your pasta to the water and stir. I prefer to use penne pasta for this pasta.
Turn the heat on medium-high heat and add your half and half(you can also substitute with heavy cream) parmesan cheese and your seasonings including red pepper flakes, basil, paprika , salt and pepper.
Let this sauce simmer on low while you finish your pasta and chicken. Once the pasta is cooked, reserve 1 cup of pasta water and rain the pasta. Add the pasta and the chicken to the sun dried tomato pasta sauce and stir it all together. At this point you can add more parmesan cheese if you desire. If you think they pasta needs more liquid you can add a small amount of your reserved pasta water as well.
Serve and enjoy this pasta hot! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
This creamy sun-dried tomato chicken pasta is such a simple meal and it tastes amazing. You can add other ingredients to this pasta including spinach, mozzarella cheese, and other veggies. This creamy sauce is amazing and we love making this for busy weeknight dinners. You can also add some cayenne pepper if you want a bit more spice to this sauce. Not a fan of chicken? Add italian sausage instead!
Make this sun dried tomato pasta recipe and add it to your favorites on Pinterest!
Want more pasta recipes? Check these out: