Its been raining here for days, and when it rains, I make soup. One of our most favorite soups is Lasagne Soup! This is a quick and easy soup that can be made in no time. You dont need an Instapot nor do you need a crock pot. This can be made in 30 minutes!
Enjoy this easy lasagne soup with some of my favorite bread sides!
With just a could simple ingredients, you can have a hearty dinner ready for you or your family. If you are cooking for a crowd, the main recipe will work, and if you only need enough for a couple people, you can easily halve the recipe to make for a smaller crowd, but I will tell you it is even better the next day, so I would make a little extra if I were you.
Lasagne soup is basically what is described by the name. It is a tomato based Italian soup with spicy sausage, lasagna noodles and it is topped with ricotta cheese or parmesan cheese, whichever you prefer!
Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe
This easy lasagne soup is a quick 30-45 minute meal that is so hearty and flavorful, you will love every bite!
- 1 lb hot italian sausage you can also use regular Italian sausage if you are not wanting something spicy. You can even do ground beef or ground turkey if you do nott have sausage. But the sausage does add great flavor to this dish.
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Pinch of dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic About 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 med onion finely diced
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 12-15 lasagne noodles broken into pieces (or whatever noodle you have on hand)
- red pepper flakes optional if you want to control the spice and use plain sausage or ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh chopped basil
- fresh ricotta cheese
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
In a large pot or large dutch oven, cook your sausage over medium high heat.
Once it is browned, add your onion and garlic and continue to cook.
Once onions are softened, add your herbs crushed tomatoes and beef broth. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Bring the pot to a boil and add in your crushed lasagne noodles and stir. Cook until noodles are tender.
Turn the burner off and let the soup sit for a couple of minutes.
Serve in a bowl and top with fresh ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese. You can also add fresh basil for more flavor.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
Side Dish Recipes for Lasagne Soup
- Use whatever pasta you prefer. Broken lasagne noodles are fun and inexpensive!
- Top with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, or mozzarella cheese to add more flavor and dimension to your soup.
- You can add vegetables like spinach or carrots to this soup if you want, add them prior to adding the noodles so they have time to soften. Spinach can be added right at the end.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
More Soup Recipes
Chocolate bar marzipan jujubes jelly-o carrot cake caramels. Tootsie roll cookie jujubes powder icing lemon drops. Pastry brownie topping oat cake chocolate cake jelly candy gingerbread tart.