I am back with another amazing peach recipe! I have made this on repeat at my house. It doesn’t hurt that I have 3 teenage boys in my house that devour everything within minutes. This peach tart is a super easy puff pastry dessert that you can make anytime! It is a rustic, flavorful dessert that we love at our house.
Just a few ingredients
Rustic Peach Tart Recipe
Peach Puff Pastry Dessert
- baking sheet
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (defrost according to box directions) You can make your own but the frozen makes this a quick and easy dessert.
- 4-6 medium peaches sliced
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Defrost your puff pastry according to the box directions.
- On a large 15 by 20 baking sheet pan lay a sheet of parchment paper to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Lay two pieces of puff pastry sheets on the parchment, overlapping them in the middle. I like to brush on a small amount of water to the center so that the dough connects and seals.
- Slice your peaches and lay the peach slices out in a design directly on top of the puff pastry, leaving about an inch to an inch and a half of pastry dough all the way around the edge open.
- Once the center is filled with peaches, fold up the edges around the peaches.
- Add your egg to a small bowl and 1 tablespoon of water. mix well and then brush on the egg wash onto the edge of the pastry dough.
- In another medium bowl add the softened butter, sugar and cinnamon. Mix togeher.
- Spoon out the butter and place it on top of the peaches evenly.
- Bake immediately in the oven for 22-25 minutes.
- You want the crust to be nice and golden brown. If needed you can add more egg wash during the bake.
- Make sure the bottom of the peach tart is browned as well. Nothing worse than a soggy bottom!
- Let the peach tart cool for about 30 minutes. Serve this warm, room temperature or cold. I prefer it room temperature and my husband perfers it warm!
- You can top with homemade whipped cream or enjoy some ice cream on the side!
- Store on the counter covered or in the fridge in an airtight container.
Tips for how to make an amazing peach tart
- Slice the peaches before you assemble the pastry dough
- Keep the puff pastry dough chilled until right before you want to use it.
- If the dough becomes sticky, immediately put it in the fridge or freezer to cool down. You do not want the butter to run out.
- Keep a small jar of cinnamon / sugar mixture in your pantry to use at a moments notice.
- Cut baked tart with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the top for a bit more sweetness and to make it look prettier!