I have been baking so many pumpkin treats lately that I decided it was time to get more of my pumpkin recipes on the blog! Today I am sharing my pumpkin bread with chocolate chips! You can make this pumpkin bread recipe with or without chocolate chips, but man, its so good with them!
The flavor of this bread is so perfect. The combination of sweet, moist cake with that. warm spice from the cinnamon, and other spices makes an amazing treat.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice If you do not have this, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of each: cloves, all spice, nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspooon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 cup chocolate chips can be milk or semi sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with non stick spray or butter. You can also line the bottom with parchment paper so the bottom does not stick.In a large mixing bowl, add your brown sugar, eggs, and canola oil and whisk together until well combined and creamed. You can use a stand mixer or hand mixer as well (I prefer to use a hand whisk).
- Next, add your canned pureed pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda and continue to stir together.
- Last add your flour and use a rubber spatula to combine the flour into the pumpkin batter. Don't overmix. This will develop the gluten in the flour which we dont want that much of. Simply mix until all is combined
- Last take your chocolate chips and toss them in a spoon full of flour and then add them to the batter. Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and smooth it out.
- Bake the pumpkin bread in the oven for 55-65 minutes. I find 60 minutes to be about right.
- Use a toothpick to check the center of the loaf. It should come out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes and then carefully remove the bread from the pan too continue to cool. You can leave the bread in the pan if you prefer to serve it out of the pan.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or on your countertop. You can also freeze your bread and thaw it at room temperature. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Note: Pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling are not the same thing. Do not use pumpkin pie filling for making breads or cookies. Use only fresh or canned pumpkin puree.
I like to use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips for this pumpkin bread. It is what we prefer, but use whatever kind of chocolate you prefer!
Either way, this bread will be amazing! I love the soft tender crumb. It is also a more light version. It is not as dense as the pumpkin bread with cheesecake filling.
Note: This does not have to have chocolate chips in it. You can make a plain loaf of pumpkin bread. You can also add pecans or walnuts to the bread if you choose.
This chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe is super easy to make and will be a hit for all those around!
Make sure to pin this recipe on Pinterest for later! Its a great recipe to have in your back pocket for a nice fall day!