With the weather getting chilly, I tend to make more comforting and hearty meals. Its even better if they are easy to make on busy weeknights. This marry me chicken is one of our favorites! We love the creamy flavorful. sauce with the tender oven roasted chicken. Check out my marry me chicken recipe below!
This chicken dish is one of our favorites. It has a creamy garlic and sun-dried tomato sauce with fresh herbs and parmesan cheese. By baking this dish in the oven, you allow the chicken to become tender and juicy.
Note: If you are using sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drizzle some of the oil into the skillet during cooking to add more flavor.
Get my Marry Me Chicken Recipe below!
Marry Me Chicken Recipe
- cutting board
- Sharp Knife
- Paper Towels
- Large Cast-Iron Skillet
- Cheese Grater
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast Thawed or fresh
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2-1 cup sun-drede tomatoes dry packed or packed in oil chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh basil
- fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic 2-3 whole garlic cloves
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. You will be using the center rack in your oven for this dish.
- Trim and cut chicken breasts as needed. You can also use chicken tenders for a more quick meal as they will cook faster.
- Generously season the chicken top with salt and pepper. Then flip over and season the bottom side as well. Set the chicken aside.
- Heat your cast-iron skillet on medium-high heat. When the skillet is warm enough add your olive oil and butter. The olive oil will help the butter to reach a higher heat point without burning. You will also get that yummy butter flavor by doing this. If you dont want to use butter, just use olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, place the seasoned chicken in the skillet. Sear the chicken breast on each side. This should be about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside for a couple of minutes. The chicken will not be cooked all the way through at this point.
- Return the skillet to the stove and reduce the heat to medium low. Once it has cooled down a bit, add the minced garlic and saute for a 1-2 minutes.
- Add the broth to the skillet and stir. You want to spend some time scraping up the bits stuck to the skillet. This will give your sauce amazing flavor.
- Turn the burner down to low (if you are using electric, remove pan from the burner while you do this next step)and add your heavy cream. Whisk or stir gently to incorporate the heavy cream into the chicken broth. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese into the mixture and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Continue to cook for 1 minute back on the burner. Add your sun-driied tomatoes, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes and stir gently. Taste and adjust flavors.
- Bring your sauce to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet and turn them to coat with the sauce.
- Transfer the entire skillet into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. I like to bake a little longer in order to get tender fall apart chicken. You can add a lid to your chicken in you want to cook longer.
- You want your chickens internal temperature to be 160-162 degrees F at the thickest part
- When the chicken is done, remove the skillet from the oven and spoon the sauce over the tops of the chicken pieces. Let the dish rest for about 5 minutes to allow the chicken to reach 165 degrees.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and fresh herbs to the top of the dish. Serve with a side vegetable or add it to the top of pasta.
- Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
This marry me chicken recipe is really quite easy to make and tastes so amazing. It has a combination of garlic, creamy goodness with a touch of spice and nuttiness from the parmesan cheese. You cannot go wrong with this.
Note: If you want to make this more low fat, use half and half instead of heavy cream.
Anytime I make this dish there are never any leftovers. It is always a hit. I love to serve this with a pasta and a salad or some roasted veggies like roasted asparagus or roasted broccoli.
Love this recipe? Want more? Make sure to follow me on Pinterest to see all the amazing recipes I am pinning. Better yet, take some time to hop around my site. You can see many different recipes including main dishes, salads, pastas, breads, desserts, and more.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
More Dinner Recipes
Chocolate bar marzipan jujubes jelly-o carrot cake caramels. Tootsie roll cookie jujubes powder icing lemon drops. Pastry brownie topping oat cake chocolate cake jelly candy gingerbread tart.