Its time for another yummy recipe! OOH I love this savory sausage and mushroom bruschetta recipe. I am sharing this recipe with some of my favorite bloggers! We are all sharing some of our favorite holiday appetizer ideas! This is mine.
This was a recipe brought about from a time I was making stuffed mushrooms, and I had a couple kids that were not fans of mushrooms. So I got creative.
I had some fresh baked sourdough bread and I decided to try it out by topping the sourdough toast with the mushroom filling and broiling them, and you know what? My kids went crazy for them! We all agreed that they were so so very good and needed to be added to my list of dinners. What is great is that it can be made ahead of time and left in the fridge and you can heat up just the amount you need to make it.
This savory sausage and mushroom bruschetta recipe is so good. The combination of the sausage with the earthy mushrooms, herbs, cheese, and spinach is so filling and flavorful. It is the perfect holiday appetizer! You can serve this at your Thanksgiving or Christmas party!
Check out these other great fall recipes:
- Easy and Flavorful Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- Savory Mushroom and Spinach Cauliflower Rice Risotto
- Super Easy 1 Hour Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Easy Creamy Tomato and Sausage Gnocchi Recipe
- My Flavorful Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- The Tastiest Sweet Potato Hash You’ll Ever Eat!
Sausage and Mushroom Bruschetta Recipe
Rustic Sausage and Mushroom Bruschetta
- 1 lb sausage
- 10 button mushrooms finely chopped
- 2-4 oz cream cheese or goat cheeese(any soft cheese will work)
- 2 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme(1/4tsp dried)
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1 cup chopped spinach you can use frozen too, make sure you drain it and squeeze the water out.
- 1 cup cup finely chopped bread
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf baguette or fresh sourdough bread, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stick butter
- Brown your sausage in a large skillet. Once
- Once it has browned turn the span on low heat, add your garlic, thyme, sage, chopped mushroom and stir in.
- Add your bread and spinach and stir until the spinach cooks down.
- Next, add the cream cheese cheese in small pieces and stri as it melts into the mixture.
- Turn the oven off and stir in the parmesan cheese
- Now its time to prep your bread. I like to toast mine in my toaster or you can lay them all out on a sheet pan and bake/broil them in the oven until golden brown.
- brush a buttere on the toasted slices, and then rub the garlic across the slicees as well. The heat from the toast will help loosen the oils from the garlic and add flavor.
- Turn your broiler on
- Top the toasted slices with the sausage and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese over the top and broil for just a couple minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve these hot.
- You can make the filling ahead of time and heat it up before serving when you are ready.
This may not be your usual bruschetta recipe, but its amazing. It is so hearty and filling you will be making it again. It reminds me of comfort food.
Make sure to give it a try!
Want my sourdough bread recipe? How about more! Check these out!
Check out these other amazing holiday appetizer ideas!
Holiday Cranberry Cream Cheese Spread – Zevy Joy
The Best Artichoke Dip Recipe – Happy Happy Nester
Baked Feta with Crostini Appetizer – Satori Design for Living
Cranberry Meringue Roulade – Jennifer Maune
Brie and Pear Crostini – Lemon Grove Lane
Cranberry Brie Pastry Puffs – My Sweet Savannah
Sparkling Cranberry & Brie Bites – Maison De Cinq
Easy Puff Pastry Appetizer – Modern Glam
Easy Meat and Cheese Charcuterie Board – Hallstrom Home
Easiest Baked Ravioli Appetizer – Taterots & Jello
Seared Ahi Tuna Recipe – My 100 Year Old Home
Savory Sausage and Mushroom Bruschetta – Twelve On Main
Proscuitto Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers – The Happy Housie