This is the the most amazing and easiest dressing to make! Yes, I said it. It is also the most tasty dressing too! I make this homemade balsamic dressing by the quart in our house and my kids rave about it too! We love balsamic dressing at our house. However, I don’t love the store bought stuff. It just doesn’t do it for me. There is something so empowering about learning to make simple, staple dressings that can be used for so many things.Jump to Recipe
We use this recipe for balsamic dressing on our salads, dip chicken in it, and even dip our crust sourdough bread in it! Yes its the perfect balance of sweet and tangy with the balsamic dressing and maple syrup. Trust me on this, you will want to make it and keep a stash in your fridge.
Balsamic dressing recipes can be super easy with just vinegar and oil, but why not add a couple spices to make it the ultimate recipe for balsamic dressing. It makes me feel good that I am giving my family food that is wholesome and being homemade, it doesn’t have all that stuff that store bought dressings have.
The ingredients in our homemade balsamic dressing are all ingredients I have on hand at all times for convenience in my kitchen:
- Balsamic vinegar – this is always a staple at my house. We love our vinegar and a good balsamic vinegar will be a great thing to add to your pantry if you don’t have it already
- Bottle of fresh minced garlic- I used to buy the whole garlic and tirelessly chop it up for certain recipes. Not anymore. I buy the large bottle of fresh minced garlic and keep it in the fridge. It makes adding to pasta sauces, salad dressings, and more so easy and saves a lot of time!
- Olive oil- This is something I always have in my kitchen. I use this for just about everything…..except for most baking….I do use it in my wheat bread and my french bread though!
- Basil Paste– This stuff is life changing. You can find it in the produce section of the store. You can get tubes of fresh herbs that have been chopped up finely and turned into a paste. This is super convenient when making pasta sauces, dressings, marinades, and so much more. I love using the basil paste, allowing me access to “fresh” basil any time of year.
- Maple Syrup– I have recently become a huge fan of maple syrup. I love having it on my sourdough pancakes as well as my whole wheat pancakes. I also love using it as an alternative sweetener to sugar in my desserts, banana bread, and oatmeal.
- Dijon Mustard– I use this all the time in different recipes and dressings. I use it in my broccoli cheese soup and in many of my favorite homemade salad dressings.
Now, lets talk about how to make this dressing. You will not believe how easy it is, and I have a quick hack to make it even easier!
Okay, here is my secret hack. Put all your ingredients in a mason jar, put the lid on securely and shake it up for about 30 seconds. You will find your dressing is emulsified(it will be thoroughly mixed together and turn somewhat creamy from the emulsification process.
The reason this works is because of the ingredients such as the dijon mustard and maple syrup which help to mix the ingredients with the olive oil.
So, let me explain what I do. I put everything but the olive oil in the jar. That means the dijon mustard, basil paste, minced garlic, maple syrup, and vinegar in the jar, add the lid and shake it up for about 20 seconds.
Now, pour the olive oil into the jar and put the lid back on. Shake it up for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. You are now ready to use your homemade balsamic dressing! You can add a pinch of salt and pepper if you want it, but I find that it is not necessary.
You now have your dressing, and can use the mason jar to store it in the refrigerator.
My favorite kitchen products and salad bowls~
Easy and Flavorful Homemade Balsamic Dressing
Easy Homemade Balsamic Dressing
This homemade balsamic dressing recipe is the perfect dressing for salads, for chicken, or as a dip for bread! Its so easy to make, has simple, clean ingredients, and tastes amazing!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp basil paste or finely chopped basil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
This homemade balsamic dressing recipe is so very easy to make, I will keep this simple.
Grab a mason jar or other container with a lid.
Put your vinegar, basil paste, dijon mustard, maple syrup, and garlic in the jar.
Secure the lid and shake up for about 20 seconds
Add the olive oil and continue to shake with the lid on, for about 45 seconds.
Your dressing is now ready to be used. You can add a pinch of salt and pepper but I do not find the need for any.
Keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks. Simply shake it up and pour on your favorite salad!
This balsamic dressing is amazing on my favorite roasted beet and goat cheese salad.
Its fresh, its clean eating, its delicious,
Make sure to give it a try! Follow along with me on Pinterest to see all the yummy recipes, home decor ideas, and DIY projects that I share!
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE to 30 DIY projects that can be done over the weekend!
By subscribing, you will gain access to my FREE guide with 30 DIY projects that can each be done in a day, or over a weekend!
You will also receive a weekly email with some of my favorite tips, tricks, and design ideas.