This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Moen. All opinions are 100% mine.
Recently I have been considering getting a new kitchen faucet. I searched around and found the U by Moen Smart Faucet. I am excited to share that I got one! We are currently under its spell enjoying the novelty and convenience of it and overall, I would highly recommend getting one if you are looking into them. I want to share some info about them and offer a resource for where you can get one of your very own!
A smart faucet is one that is similar to a smart TV or a smart smoke detector. You can talk to it! It has voice commands when using Alexa or Google Home, isn’t that cool? When I told my kids I was considering this option they were very excited. Its not only cool though. In addition to the voice commands it has motion sensors or wave sensor similar to faucets in commercial bathrooms. This controls the water flow and can aid you in so many tasks.
Today I want to chat about the new U by Moen Smart Faucet options. These new faucets are not only functional but they are gorgeous! There is not reason to compromise on beauty when you can have both! They have 4-5 different finishes for each faucet style and they many elegant design options styles ranging from modern to more traditional. I have really fallen in love with the more traditional style faucets that are offering.
I chose the Weymouth faucet which has a more traditional style and works so well with my kitchen decor. Lets talk about all the features these smart faucets offer.
What can you do with the voice control?
This is the coolest part. You need to use Amazon Alexa or Google Home to use the voice commands.
- You can tell the faucet to wash your hands. It will run the water, and then pause for 20 seconds while you scrub the soap around. It will then kick back on to rinse your hands. This effectively helps conserve water, and we all know water makes the difference. Water is so important to our lives and we need to be making sure we are doing our part to help conserve it.
- Tell the faucet to get you 1 tbsp of water, and it will do it! Make your cooking and baking projects. easier without even having to turn on the faucet. Imagine baking without having to use measuring cups. Making sure I have measured out the right amount of water isn’t the hardest thing to do, but I love the idea of being able to get an accurate measurement every time.
- You can tell the faucet to fill an 8 oz. bottle at 98 degrees! This is especially cool if you have baby bottles to fill or if you are a baker and need a specific temperature control of water for your tasks. This feature can be used in so many different instances and I am here for it.
- Water your plants with ease. Ask it for 2 cup of water at 78 degrees. I will use this when I need 2 quarts of water for my soup, or 1 gallon of water for my lemonade. Being able to get the exact cups of water is pretty awesome.
Overall you can get exact measurements and exact water temperatures. The U by Moen Smart Faucets supports tablespoons, milliliters, ounces, cups, pints, liters, quarts, and gallons.
There are 4 ways to control your smart faucet.
- Voice Control– This feature allows me to start and stop the water flow whenever I choose to using my voice as well as my Google assistant. I have a feeling my kids are going to love this feature. The U by Moen Smart Faucet is the only voice-activated kitchen faucet on the market to offer voice-and hands-free activation regardless of the faucet’s manual handle position.
- The preheat commands will warm or cool the water to the desired specific temperature, then pause the flow of water until users re-engage the faucet. I love that you can get a precise temperature so you can complete tasks you have.
- Wave Sensor– The wave sensor is positioned at the front of the faucet turns water on or off with a simple hand movement. This is so important to me, with 4 kids, there is always someone making a mess of my sink, and it will be nice to have less contact with the faucet. I also love the idea of being able to wash my hands after cutting chicken or pork and not contaminating the faucet in the process.
- Smartphone App– You can set unlimited personalized presets or start and stop water delivery with the push of a button. This is a pretty great feature that I look forward to using.
- You can control your smart kitchen faucet through the Moen app, which is a whole home smart water ecosystem.
- The Moen app allows you to create presets that work with your lifestyle and kitchen needs.
- You can see your water usage and consumption.
- The Moen interactive iOS/Android smartphone app from both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store making it easy for anyone to access it.
- Handle- On the side of the faucet there is a manual handle which can be used just as a normal faucet would. You can get your cold water or hot water the regular way too. It is not only run by motion or voice, which is nice. The faucet pulls out easily to be able to clean your kitchen sink, water your plants and more.
There is one more way to connect with your smart kitchen faucet. You can use your Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. Thats pretty cool for those that love using their Alexa daily.
A couple other things to consider about these smart faucets:
Ease of installation: You do not need an electrician. It is the only smart faucet that uses batteries and allows for easy installation. See how to install one here!
A wide range of designs and finishes: There are so many styles and finishes to choose from, so whether you are looking for something more modern or something more traditional, you will find it.
You can still use the faucet just as you would if you do not want to use the smart water features. You can adjust water temperature, use less water, control the flow rate, and more.
With a simple hand gesture, you can change the way you use your sink. By using the hands-free operation, you can open up your kitchen to new possibilities. You can prevent contamination as you handle chicken and other meats. You can prevent wear and tear on the faucet. It is really a great option!
Check out these amazing Moen faucet options with smart capabilities:
Simply click on an image below to learn more about the faucet!
GET YOUR FREE GUIDE to 30 DIY projects that can be done over the weekend!
By subscribing, you will gain access to my FREE guide with 30 DIY projects that can each be done in a day, or over a weekend!
You will also receive a weekly email with some of my favorite tips, tricks, and design ideas.