Its amazing. You know? The amount of time I spend working, creating, and decorating my home for the fall season. Don’t get me wrong, I love every minute of it. That is why I am posting today. I love creating different fall tablescapes and I thought it would be great to round up a collection of ways to set a fall table and give you some of my favorite fall tablescape ideas to help you this season!
In fact, I have 6 ways to set a fall table. If you like farmhouse style, you will love these tablescapes. Since they are all very reminiscent of the farmhouse style, whether rustic or traditional they are easy styles to incorporate into your home.
I love to create different ways to set a table for fall, and there are a few key elements that you should add to your table to create a functional and stylish table.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience
6 Great Fall Tablescape Ideas:
Tablecloth or Table Runner
- I always add either a table runner or a tablecloth to my tables. Some items I have used are strips of dropcloth, old lace curtains, scrap fabric, and butcher paper. The great thing about using butcher paper is that it is great for kids! It provides a fun place for them to draw or play during dinner, which is always great. I used butcher paper in my kid friendly fall tablescape. It was a fun place for the kids to play and even draw, so that they did not get too rowdy during dinner.
A Good Set of Dishes
- In my opinion I think a good set of white dishes are a great investment. This way they are something you can use all year around. I found my dishes on Amazon and they were such a great price! A great way to make your table look polished is by layering the large plates with your smaller plates.
- Update….we have had our white dishes for over a year and have loved using them! We use them everyday and they have held up wonderfully. If you want something classic and timeless definitely invest in some.
Interesting Drinking Glasses
- Adding an interesting set of drinking glasses is like adding jewelry to your table. I actually found some really pretty wine glasses at a thrift store, for just a buck a piece. I have used them many times in my tablescapes. Sadly we have had a few break. Its quite okay though, since I paid such a small price for them.
- I also snatched some copper mule mugs last year on sale. They add just the right amount of color and bling to my table. I use my copper mugs all the time! They can dress up or dress down a table depending on how you use them. The shiny bling of the copper is lovely no matter what.
Tall Items for the Center of the Table:
- I like to add pitchers, or tall galvanized vases filled with real foliage or faux….really whatever you have. Just make sure they aren’t so tall that they block your vision of another person at the table. You want to be able to converse, and chit chat.
Napkins and Silverware
- Something that I often forget about when I am setting any table is napkins! This is a great way to add a pop of color or texture to your table. It can be anything from simple store bought napkins, to a pattern, or a simple tea towel. Add a napkin ring for another instant pop of interest and texture. I have made simple napkin rings out of book pages or twine. It is a very simple addition to add to your table and adds just the right amount of texture and interest.
Now that you have a few tablescape ideas, check out 6 ways to set a fall table. Here are 6 ways that I have set up our table and some are even outdoor tablescapes! You can click on the links below the images to be taken directly to that exact post! I hope you enjoy them!
Early Harvest Tablescape with Free Watercolor Printables
So, are you ready to set a fall table? I hope these fall tablescape ideas have inspired you in some way and that you will want to create a space for your family and friends that they can enjoy. I am loving the cooler weather we are getting here, and it makes me so excited for all the lovely things that fall brings. Now, I am off to work on a few fall decor ideas for this week! Make sure to stay tuned!
Make sure you save these fall tablescape ideas so that you can rock it this year!
Have a great day!!
If you like this post, check out these other fall decor ideas:
Farmhouse Style Fall Mantel
Love farmhouse style?
Join a community of over 10,000 and get simple design tips, tricks, and with my weekly newsletter. You will also gain exclusive access to my Printable Library!!