Hi friends! I am excited to share a new recipe with you today! This easy egg roll in a bowl is gluten free and can be Low FODMAP as well making this a great option for someone that is working with dietary restraints, like myself. I make this egg roll in a bowl about once a week and save the leftovers as lunch through the week.
I am sharing this recipe with some of my favorite bloggers who are all sharing healthy new recipes. Make sure to check out all their new recipes at the end of this post!
I am trying something new with this post today, I am going to share a video of me making it, and use that instead of spelling it all out for you! Videos are more fun anyways.
Check out my video below on how to make my egg roll in a bowl:
With my new dietary constraints, eating a Low FODMAP diet as well as staying off gluten I have spent many hours in the kitchen working on new recipes that I can make for myself and also that my family will enjoy! This is one of those recipes. that I make weekly.
Want more great recipes like this? I have some great gluten free and Low FODMAP recipes:
Easy Egg Roll In a Bowl
- Instapot or Rice Cooker (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 pkg precut fresh coleslaw mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 1 tsp minced garlic optional (do not include for low FODMAP
- green onions optional
- Use a large skillet to cook this meal. First cook your rice according to the directions using whatever method you prefer. I like to use my Instapot.
- While the rice is cooking, brown your ground beef or turkey.
- Once the meat is cooked, scrape it to one side of the pan and add your olive oil and eggs to the empty side.
- Rough scramble them on medium heat and once they are cooked, mix the eggs with the meat.
- Next, add the coleslaw mix to the pan, and slowly mix all of it together being careful not to spill. This will cook down about half.
- I sautee this mixture for about 10 minutes while the rice finished up. While it is cooking put the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Sometimes I add a bit maple syrup and a bit brown sugar too, it really depends on my mood.
- I omit the garlic because I make this low FODMAP.
- Next, add the rice to the top of the pan with the coleslaw, meat mixture.
- Pour the sauce over the top and carefully start to stir it all together.
- I like to cook it for another 5 minutes, this will add a bit oof caramelization to the sauce and the rice and it is oh so good.
- Top with sliced green onions and enjoy!
- I meal prep this recipe and save it for my lunches through the week.
Check out more amazing healthy recipes below:
Kale Ranch Salad // Finding Lovely
My Favorite Blueberry Spinach Smoothie // Modern Glam
Cinnamon Apple Granola Recipe // Zevy Joy
Easy Cod Fish Tacos with Homemade Taco Sauce // Happy Happy Nester
Easy Healthy Snack – Protein Balls with Peanut Butter // My 100 Year Old Home
How to Make Overnight Oats // The DIY Mommy
Turkey Picnic Sandwiches // Lemon Grove Lane
A Colorful Healthy Main Dish Featuring Salmon with Dill // Most Lovely Things
Healthy Homemade Meatballs // My Sweet Savannah
Egg Roll In A Bowl // Twelve On Main