Okay guys, I have been leading you up to to todays post all week! I shared my spiced sautéed apples and my homemade caramel sauce recipe over the past two days and now today, I am excited to share with you one of our favorite apple desserts! This easy cream cheese, spiced apple dessert with homemade caramel sauce is to die for. And whats even better? I am sharing this along with some of my favorite blogger! Check the end of this post for all their yummy apple recipes.
There is nothing more fall than spiced apples in my opinion. Apples come into season just as the weather gets chilly, and around here, it becomes a total apple free for all. Just about everyone has an apple tree in their yard, including us! Sadly this year, our tree didn’t produce any fruit, but I am not worried, because just about everyone else’s did.
I am always looking for new ways to use our apple bounty, and my kids love spiced apples. There is also a simple rule in our house that cream cheese is to be used in everything, haha! Well, not really, but its kind of true!
So, today will be no different, there will be a tasty cream cheese filling in this yummy apple dessert.
This fall inspired dessert has spiced apples, cream cheese, all wrapped up in a croissant and baked in the oven. Finish it off with some of my homemade caramel sauce and some ice cream? It’s the perfect individual apple pie with a creamy center and caramelly goodness to top it off.
So lets talk about how to make this yummy apple dessert:
This recipe has so many options to it. I love using homemade sautéed apples and caramel sauce, but you can easily buy apple pie filling and caramel sauce from the store. There is something about it being homemade though…its sooo good.
I do take the easy way out with the crescent roll dough! I find it makes a nice little pocket for the apples and cream cheese filling.
Mix up your cream cheese filling, and set aside.
You want to lay out the individual crescent rolls, adding about 5-6 apples, and a tablespoon or two of the cream cheese mixture to the middle of the roll.
Then roll the thine side over the mixture, and then take the wider end and roll those two corners over and pinch them to the other side.
You are essentially rolling the dough over the mixtures and holding them inside the dough. You are making stuffed crescent rolls and they are delicious!
Bake them in the oven at the packages direction, which is usually 375 for about 10 minutes. Watch them, because the crescent rolls can brown quickly! And bam! Don’t they look delish? Just wait though…
It gets better….
Well hello there!
Not done yet!
Cream Cheese and Spiced Apple Dessert with Homemade Caramel Sauce
- KitchenAid Mixer
- 1 pkg Crescent roll dough(store bought)
- 2-3 cups spiced sauteed apples see recipe below
- 1 bottle homemade caramel sauce see recipe below
- 8 oz room temperature cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 carton of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 375(or whatever is on the back of your crescent roll package)
- While it is heating up, you can mix up the cream cheese mixture. Add your cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a KitchenAid or hand mixer and mix it until it is smooth and thick. Set aside.
- Unroll your crescent roll dough and separate the 8 pieces. Lay one out, and pat down the wider end to make sure it is even.
- Add about 5-6 apple slices to the middle of the roll dough. Top with about 1 tbsp(more if you desire, but it will spill out a bit if you add too much) of the cream cheese mixture.
- Roll the skinny end of the roll dough over the stuffing, and then take the two wider ends and fold them over the top and pinch the dough together where they meet.
- Place them all on a sheet pan and cook in the oven per the crescent roll dough packages directions. I find 8-10 minutes is good.
- Once they are done, serve them with ice cream and homemade caramel sauce.
- They are so good hot but they are even good cold, so store the leftovers in the fridge and eat them as a snack!
Here are the other two recipes involved in this apple dessert!
And a few more pictures, just because I think it looks so pretty…
Its sooo good! Its the perfect dessert on a chilly fall night!
What do you think about that homemade caramel sauce? Let me tell you, its divine!
Make sure you pin it for later!
More Amazing Apple Recipes From My Friends!
Cream Cheese and Spiced Apple Dessert with Homemade Caramel by Twelve on Main | Cinnamon Apple & Walnut Dutch Bread by Sincerely, Marie | Amazing Apple Crisp by Julie Blanner | Hasselback Apples by Tatertots and Jello
Apple Pancakes by My Sweet Savannah | Simple Salted Caramel Baked Apple Recipe by Grace In My Space | Apple Cider Donuts with Cardamon Dipping Cream by Finding Lovely | Caramel Apple Phylo Bites by The Happy Housie
Cinnamon Spiced Apple Strudel Sundae by Pink Peppermint Design | The Best Rosemary Browned Butter Apple Pie by The Tattered Pew | Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Apples by The Handmade Home | Old Fashioned Apple Dapple Cake by A Blue Nest