There is this restaurant in a town near us that makes the best pizza. My kids beg us to take them there any chance we can. They make a lot of original and artisanal pizzas with combinations like pancetta and grape, and arugula salad pizza. They are killer. But the best of all? Their Nutella Pizza.
Now, if I had a wood fired oven where I could create all sorts of exciting pizzas, I would. They use the same dough that they use for their pizza but they put a nice thick layer of Nutella, fold it in half and cook it off in their wood fired oven. Topped with whipped cream and powdered sugar. It is a melty, ooey, gooey dream.
I had to figure out how to create something at home that I could realistically make. So here is my take on this amazing desert And you will not believe how easy this is!
Now, this is my first ever recipe to post to my blog, and I am a little nervous, but I am so obsessed with this recipe that I felt like I had to share it.
- 2 pkg Pillsbury Crescent Roll Tubes
- 1 tub Nutella
Optional Ingredients - Whipped Cream, Strawberries
9 by 13 pan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees FTake one tube of Pillsbury crescent rolls and roll it out on the bottom of the pan. This works well in a dutch oven for camping~ Once you roll out the first dough on the bottom, you want to spread a nice thick player of Nutella to the top of it.
- After that, carefully lay the second batch of crescent roll dough on top of the Nutella. Pinch together the seams of the dough to make sure it is all connected.
- Now, Bake in the oven for the amount of time given on the crescent roll dough packaging.
- Take the Nutella pizza out when it is golden brown on the top and the bottom. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares, top with whipped cream and strawberries.
Try out some of these great baking products!