I’m just going to warn you now. I am going to be posting quite a few fall posts, and for the next little while, you may be inundated with fall style wreaths. I’m having a bit of a moment here. I may have to look into a support group.
This wreath was a really easy and fun project. It literally took me less than an hour, and that included the chalkboard paint drying time.
Have you ever been to a thrift store and seen those silver trays they sell for a buck a piece? This is where I came across this one specifically. It was a really easy transformation. Check it out.
Chalkboard Style Fall Wreath
Here are the items I used for this wreath:
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience*
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Neutral fall flowers
- The first step was to paint the chalkboard onto the tray. This tray had a nice scalloped feature.
- I then used the hot glue gun to glue a piece of burlap ribbon to the back of the tray.
- Once it was painted and dry, I started to apply a few floral and feather pieces with the glue gun as well.
- The next step was to add a few flowers to the top to balance it out. I wanted to keep the wreath simple with just a few adornments. I would say that even adding these was quite a stretch for myself. You could add more or less depending on what you like.
- The last step was to write a little message on the chalkboard.
I love the simplicity of this chalkboard style fall wreath. It is a fresh take on the whole fall wreath idea. Try it out! It would look great hanging inside your home as well. Its a very versatile style of fall decor.
Its funny, I didn’t realize it at the time I was making it, but this wreath cost me a total of about 4.00! I got all the flower accessories at the dollar store, the platter was 1.00 at a thrift store, and the chalkboard paint, I already had. I love it when a project comes together so easily and so inexpensive!
So what do you think? Could you use a chalkboard as a wreath? Are you looking for some more fall inspiration? Check these posts out:
If you don’t want to DIY a wreath, check these awesome ones out!
Have a great day and remember….