Hello friends! I am thoroughly loving summer this year, however I could do without the terrible winds we have been having! To go along with summer we have so many fun activities in July and since July 4th is coming up I wanted to share a fun 4th of July recipe with you. This strawberry cheesecake bites recipe is so easy to make and they are so adorable too.
Whenever we plan a get together for the 4th of July, there are always so many options of side dishes to bring and I usually stick to my go to recipes like my sauteed green beans, pasta salad, grape salad, or my strawberry banana cheesecake salad. But I wanted to make something that looked a bit more festive. My kids love strawberries in any shape or form. (we recently built a new strawberry planter in the backyard and its been the most fun to get fresh strawberries from it.
We also love cheesecake in our home and these easy strawberry cheesecake bites are the best combination, and did I mention they are super easy?
First we start out my making the filling. It is a simple filling using 8oz of softened cream cheese, 2 cups powdered sugar and a teaspoon vanilla extract. You could also use the premade cheesecake filling that Philadelphia makes. Use a hand mixer or your stand mixer to combine cream cheese with the sugar and vanilla.
You will want to use large fresh strawberries for this treat.
Once you have the filling made, it’s time to prep your strawberries. You want to scoop out the top of the strawberry using a paring knife, leaving a small indent in it so you can put the filling in it. Next you want to cut the very bottom of the strawberries off so that they will stand. You can also slice your strawberries in half and lay them on their side. Put your filling in to a pastry bag. I like to use a star tip to make it more decorative. (if you do not have a piping bag, you can use a small spoon too fill the small holes or oyu can use a plastic bag with a small end cut off the tip.
Pipe cream cheese mixture into the strawberry. You can sprinkle some graham cracker crumbles on top of that. The last thing I do is top them with a cute little blueberry. You now have a festive red, white and blue treat that tastes so good. A little tip is to transport them into a mini muffin tin so that they so not fall over. If so, its okay! You can spoon cream cheese mixture off and repipe it!
Like I said this is a super easy recipe! Since I am gluten free and cant have graham cracker crust, I use some gluten free cookies crumbled up for the same effect.
These little strawberry cheesecake bites are the perfect treat on a summer day, and even better on the 4th of July. They are the perfect size to pop in your mouth, There’s nothing better than a delicious dessert worth sharing. This is one of my family’s favourites with the creamy cheesecake filling along with the sweet fruit you can’t go wrong.
You could also drizzle melted chocolate over these strawberry cream cheese bites. This great dessert will fill all those cheesecake cravings without the work of making the entire cheesecake!
Its also a perfect dessert for kids who like to have a little treat on the go. There wont be any wasting! I end up saving the rest of the filling in the fridge and my kids eat them through the week as a yummy after dinner treat. You can store these treats in an airtight container but I would recommend eating them as soon as possible to prevent the strawberries from weeping and making the cheesecake mixture runny.
Make these mini strawberry cheesecakes this 4th of July and enjoy them at your next barbecue or get together! This is one of our new favorites around the house! With the acidity of the strawberries and the sweet cheesecake flavor its a match made in heaven.
Get the full recipe to this delicious treat below!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 20-30 large strawberries
- Prep your strawberries by washing and drying completely. Cut out the stem and leave hole in the top of the strawberry. Now cut the very bottom of the strawberry off flat so that they can stand on their own.
- In a mixer, add your cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar and blend until completely combined
- Pipe this mixture into the strawberry tops. Top with graham cracker crumbs, and a blueberry to add the red white and blue!
- Serve and eat immediately.
Want more great 4th of July recipes? Check them out here!
- Patriotic Fruit Pizza Dessert from Tatertots & Jello
- Homemade Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Pass the Butter
- 4th of July Fruit Tart from Happy Happy Nester
- American Flag Sheet Cake from Modern Glam
- Individual Skillet Strawberry Shortcake from Most Lovely Things
- Festive 4th of July Gluten Free Muffins from My 100 Year Old Home
- Easy Fourth of July Watermelon Salad from Robyn’s French Nest
- Red Velvet Brownies from Paint Me Pink
- Marshmallow and Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Cones from My Sweet Savannah
- 4th of July Donuts from Inspiration for Moms
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bites from Twelve on Main
Love strawberries? Check out these amazing recipes: